Everyone is welcome to get involved in the Weigh to Go community but to be eligible to win one of the prizes you must meet and follow the requirements and rules for contest participants.
Everyone must weigh-in on August 31 and again on November 23, 2020.
Six regular weigh-ins are required through the course of the contest and will be offered Tuesday and Thursday 8:00-8:30am and Wednesday 1:00-1:30pm.
Only weigh-ins that occur in our office count!
Entrants must call the day before a planned weigh-in so that we can register them and make sure we can accommodate everyone.
We will do COVID phone screening each day prior, as well as performing temperature checks at the door. Masks are required.
Weekly Leaderboards & Privacy
Each participant will be given a unique number to identify themselves on the leaderboard. For instance, John Doe is identified as participant #1. The leaderboard indicates that participant #1 has a weight loss percentage of 3.6% and is ranked 10th in the contest. This allows us to maintain your privacy and comply with HIPAA requirements.
Important: Please read these Official Rules before entering this promotion (the “Promotion”).
By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
1. Eligibility. PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO ESTABLISHED PATIENT OF DR. NICKENS PRIOR TO CONTEST START. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN THE PRIZE, AND FAMILY MEDICINE CENTER, WESLEY NICKENS, MD (“SPONSOR”) RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. Sponsor and any of their respective affiliated committees, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, consultants, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win the Prize. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Disclaimer. Sponsor and its related organizations, committees, affiliates, directors, officers, consultants, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
3. Promotion Period. The Promotion shall start at 5 p.m. on August 31, 2020 (all times Central Time), and conclude at 5 p.m. on November 23, 2020.
4. Prize. Three (3) winners will receive one of the following prizes (the “Prizes”): $250 for first place, $100 for second place, $50 for third place. Winners will receive a check or pre-paid debit card at the conclusion of the promotion.
5. Odds; Taxes; Etc. Odds of winning the Prize depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. The Prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternative winner if two (2) attempts to contact the winner in person, by phone, and/or e-mail (at Sponsor’s own discretion) within 24 hours following the drawing are not successful, or if the Prize is otherwise not claimed. The winner may waive their right to receive the Prize. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of the Prize will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for the Prize. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
6. Identity of Entrant. In the event of a dispute about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
7. How to Enter. Participants may enter as follows:
(a) For Free Entry Via Internet Submission: To enter the promotion via the internet, use the following link:
(b) For Free Entry Via In-Office Submission: To enter the promotion in our office, request an entry form from any staff member.
8. Promotion Rules. All participants must weigh in a minimum 6 times during the contest, including an initial weigh-in on August 31 and a final weigh-in on November 23, 2020. Winners will be determined by the calculation of the percentage of weight lost (weight lost/starting weight) x 100. The entrant with the highest percentage of weight lost is the winner.
During the Promotion, Sponsor may, at its option, conduct a background check on the potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any potential winner from receiving the Prize based on such background check if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion that awarding the Prize to such potential winner could result in a safety or security risk to any person or persons or could result in the disruption of any activity associated with the Promotion. The winner will be notified in person, by phone, and/or e-mail (at Sponsor’s own discretion) the day following the conclusion of the promotion. To claim the Prize, the winner should follow the instructions and comply with the conditions contained in his or her notification. In the event that the winner does not respond to Sponsor’s attempts to contact them or are otherwise disqualified such that Sponsor is unable to award the Prize, Sponsor may select another winner.
9. GENERAL RELEASE. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, YOU RELEASE SPONSOR AND ALL RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, AND WAIVE ANY AND ALL CAUSES OF ACTION, RELATED TO ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION OR DELIVERY, MISDELIVERY, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRIZE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS, COSTS, INJURIES, LOSSES AND DAMAGES RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, DAMAGE TO OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY, DEFAMATION OR PORTRAYAL IN A FALSE LIGHT, WHETHER INTENTIONAL OR UNINTENTIONAL), WHETHER UNDER A THEORY OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), WARRANTY OR OTHER THEORY.
10. Use of the Entrant’s Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use entrants’ names, hometowns, likenesses, and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded the Prize, except where prohibited by law, the winner may be required to execute a consent to the use of his or her name, hometown, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation.
11. Affidavit & Release. As a condition of being awarded the Prize, the winner may be required to execute and deliver to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by Sponsor in its sole discretion within five (5) business days of notification.
12. Winner List; Rules Request. For notification of the winner’s identity, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: “Weigh to Go!” Winner. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, call Sponsor at (806) 350-8980 or send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: “Weigh to Go!” Rules Request. Residents of VT may omit return postage.
13. Intellectual Property Notice. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2020 by SKP Creative, LLC. All rights reserved.
14. Miscellaneous. Except where prohibited by law, the Promotion, all issues concerning the construction, validity, and enforcement of these Official Rules, and the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor shall be construed and governed by the laws of Texas, without regard to conflicts of law rules, and the venue for any such disputes shall be in Amarillo, Texas. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant’s participation in the Promotion should Acts of God, viruses, bugs, tampering, fraud, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion, tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Promotion or any other entrant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please call Sponsor at (806) 350-8980 or send written questions to the address listed below, Attn: “Weigh to Go!” Questions.
15. Sponsor: Family Medicine Center, Wesley Nickens, MD, 603 Quail Creek Dr. Space 300, Amarillo, TX 79124.
© 2020 Family Medicine Centers